This Policy deals with how Kellogg India (“Kellogg” or “We”) collects, handles and stores privacy relevant and other information. The access to any of the websites of Kellogg (“Website”), howsoever accessed, and the use of any of the features, applications and/or downloads offered by the Website, including access to any content on the Website, is subject to and is governed by the terms of this Policy. We provide a variety of content through the Website which includes product information, recipes, surveys, advertisements, promotions and contests, as well as information mandated by applicable laws and regulations. Your use of the Website signifies that you (a) are legally competent to visit the Website; and (b) expressly agree with all terms of this Policy. Please do not use the Website if you disagree with any part of this Policy.
01. How & what information is collected. We may collect personal information and/or sensitive personal information (“Information”) about you, which may include your name, postal address, telephone number, e-mail address, when you choose to provide it to us. You may provide Information when you create an account on the Website, use any of the content of the Website, sign up for receiving communications from Kellogg, participate in a survey, contact customer care or otherwise interact with Kellogg through the Website or otherwise. Our Website visitors can review our Website and participate in some features without disclosing any Information. We may request feedback from those who visit the Website in the form of surveys, questionnaires or our feedback forms on customer preferences and reaction to Kellogg products, including demographic information, like age, gender, height, lifestyle, preferences, interests and favorites, to help Kellogg serve you better. In many cases, you may have the opportunity to send the Website content or information to a friend. In these "refer-a-friend" cases, your friend's contact details will be used to deliver the message.
03. Prohibitions. By agreeing to this Policy, you agree not to host, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, update or share any information that (a) belongs to another person and to which you do not have any right to (b) is grossly harmful, harassing, blasphemous defamatory, obscene, pornographic, pedophilic, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging, relating or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatever (c) harms minors in any way (d) infringes any patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights (e) violates any law for the time being in force (f) deceives or misleads the addressee about the origin of such messages or communicates any information which is grossly offensive or menacing in nature (g) impersonate another person (h) contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer resource (i) threatens the unity, integrity, defense, security or sovereignty of India, friendly relations with foreign states, or public order or causes incitement to the commission of any cognizable offence or prevents investigation of any offence or is insulting any other nation. We request that no personally identifiable information relating to children be provided.
05. Security Measures. Kellogg uses reasonable efforts to make sure all Information received from our online visitors is secure from unauthorized access and use. Kellogg also requires its service providers to maintain the confidentiality of the Information.
08. Legal Disclosure. Kellogg may disclose information about you and your use of the Website and the Kellogg's services if Kellogg believes such disclosure is reasonably necessary in order to (a) comply with the law or legal process where a formal request has been made, such as from an administrative oversight agency, civil suit, subpoena, court order, or judicial or administrative proceeding, (b) protect or defend the rights or property of Kellogg or others (c) enforce the Kellogg's terms and conditions or this Policy, (d) respond to claims that the content(s) of a communication that violates the rights of another. Also, circumstances may arise where, for business reasons, Kellogg may decide to reorganize, or divest all or part of its business through sale, assignment, merger, or acquisition. In these circumstances, Information may be shared with the actual or prospective purchasers or assignees. In such an event, Kellogg shall provide notice of any material change to this Policy, or our services, in the manner described in the Updates section. If you receive an e-mail that solicits Information, do not respond to it without verifying the authenticity of the e-mail.
09. Demographic Information. We may also collect demographic data, such as your gender and postcode, when you provide this information to us. Demographic data may be used to tailor your Website experience, such as showing you content including special events and advertising that you might be interested in, and displaying the content according to your postcode. On occasion, aggregate information that does not identify any particular user may be compiled and shared with Affiliated Entities.
10. Passive Collection of Non-Personal Information. Kellogg also collects "referrers" information, IP addresses and various environmental variables. A "referrer" is information the web browser passes along to our web servers that references the URL from which you came. The "IP address" is a number used by computers on the network to identify your computer so that data can be transmitted to you. "Environmental variables" include, among other things, the domain from which you access the Internet, the time you access the Website, type of web browsers and operating system or platform used, the Internet address of the website you left to visit the Website, the names of the pages you visit while at the Website and the Internet address of the website you then visit. This information is collected for Kellogg’s internal use such as to enhance website security, to detect broad demographic trends, to assist Kellogg in providing content tailored to your interests and to otherwise enhance your Website experience. This information may also be shared with third parties on an aggregate and non-personally identifiable basis. We may use both personally identifiable information and non-personally identifiable information, individually or together, to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, improve our products and services, better understand customer interests and preferences, and /or provide you relevant information. We may enhance or merge personally identifiable information that you provide with data obtained from third parties.
11. Disclosure of Information to Third Parties. Kellogg may share personally identifiable Information, including Information that you provide with third parties as described below. (A) Affiliated Entities. We may share any Information, including personally identifiable information that you provide on the Website, with our Affiliated Entities to be used subject to the terms of this Policy. (B) Strategic Partners. From time to time we may enter into a special relationship with another company that is not owned by or affiliated with Kellogg to provide additional features on this Website. These special relationships may include business partners, sponsors and co-branded sites (referred to here as "co-branded pages"). Any Information, including personally identifiable information that you provide on one of these co-branded pages, may be shared with these third party partners. By participating in activities or providing your Information on these co-branded pages, you also consent to our providing your personally identifiable information to those third parties. Since these third parties will use your Information in accordance with their own privacy practices, you should check their websites for information regarding their privacy policies. C. Service Providers. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Website or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending emails, order fulfillment and sweepstake administration. We may share your Information with these third parties for those limited purposes. (D) Ad Networks. We may have relationships with third party service providers known as Ad Networks to serve ads on our behalf across the internet. Using Cookies and Pixel Tags (also known as Web Beacons), Ad Networks collect anonymous information about your visits to our Website and other web sites in order to deliver advertisements that may be of particular interest to you. This process does not involve the collection of any personally identifiable information. We do not operate or control these sites, and are not responsible for these sites. (E) Other Disclosures. Personally identifiable Information of any individual user may be shared with other companies outside Kellogg (i) as permitted by law, (ii) in the event of a transfer of ownership, assets or a bankruptcy of Kellogg, (iii) where we determine that disclosure of specific information is necessary to comply with the request of a law enforcement or regulatory agency or other legal process, or (iv) to protect the interests or safety of Kellogg or other visitors to Website.
12. User Generated Content Functions. The Websites may enable users to submit their own content. Please remember that any information you disclose in connection with a submission becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal, financial or other information in a submission. Kellogg cannot prevent such information from being used in a manner that may violate this Policy, the law or your personal privacy and safety and is not responsible for the results of such postings.
13. Governing Law. This Policy is governed by the laws of India, without regard to its choice of law provisions. Any dispute arising out of or in relation to this Policy is subject to exclusive jurisdiction of Courts in Mumbai, India.